- SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY, B.A., SUMMA CUM LAUDE, PHI BETA KAPPA, 1995
- THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, J.D., 1998
- TEXAS STATE COURTS
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
- U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
Liz is an accomplished attorney with 20 years of civil litigation experience. Her diverse legal background includes handling commercial litigation, personal injury, breach of contract, employment, and intellectual property disputes.
- Counsel in Plaintiffs’ products liability case involving defective airbag claims against Honda and Takata.
- Lead counsel for multiple Plaintiffs’ products liability cases in federal court in Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, Utah, Arizona, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Kansas against a baby seat manufacturer. Successful repeat victories over manufacturer’s summary judgments. Settlement for millions of dollars.
- Managed broad docket of cases involving commercial claims, intellectual property, breach of contract, employment disputes, personal injury, and aviation litigation.
- Lead Counsel in over a dozen Plaintiffs’ personal injury cases involving claims against the international manufacturer of a baby seat; handled cases in federal court in six different states.
- Notable accomplishments include:
o L-3 Communications Integrated Systems LP v. Lockheed Martin Corp.: Drafted briefs that resulted in new trial, over-turning a $37 million verdict, based on finding that Lockheed Martin had hidden evidence in the case.
o Yelton v. PHI, Inc., et al.: Obtained record-setting $577,206.00 discovery sanction against Sikorsky.
o Raytheon v. FLIR: Drafted summary judgment briefing that allowed case to survive statute of limitations defense in a multi-million dollar theft of trade secrets case.